· Why is it important to have a framework for approaching God with our complaints and doubts?
· Have you ever experienced something, directly or indirectly, that caused you to complain to God? What were the experiences that led to your complaint? · In times of lament, have you had doubt that leads to unbelief, or the kind of humility that leads to seeking God?
· Can expressing our lament to God help us see past the current situation to see God’s faithfulness?
· Spend some time thinking about how you can use this framework for lament in your own prayers as individuals and as a family.
· Spend time reflecting on God’s goodness to you in the past. How does reflecting on God’s faithfulness to you in the past give you confidence for the future?